"Anong mararating ng P20 mo?" says this ice cream commercial. This time, the question is how far your P10,000 wil go?
Many prefer putting it in the savings account or going shopping. If you are wiser, then you would go for investment and make your money grow.
Compared to decades ago, investing is not only for the rich. Believe it or not, you can start investing your money and make it grow even if you don't have millions of pesos in your name. Below are investment options you can try with only P10,000.00"
1) Unit Trust Investment Fund (UITF)
This is a type of pooled investment fund handled by a professional fund manager. This way, you will have access to big investments that are often accessible only to big investors. UITF is also ideal to all types if investors with long-term financial goals.
The advantages of investing in UITF include:
- Offered by banks and heavily regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas to protect investors.
- The money is managed by a professional.
- Buying and withdrawing is easy since it will easily by credited in your settlement account.
2) Mutual Fund
This is similar to UITF since this type of investment pools money into a fund wherein such fund will be invested in stocks, bonds, or money market for higher income. The higher the investment is, the more income it will be. This is also ideal for low to high-risk investors whose main goal is medium- to long-term investment.
Advantages of this type of investment includes:
- No longer subject to 20 percent withholding tax.
- The fund is managed by a professional fund manager who can make investment decisions for you.
- You can buy and sell at ease, as long as it is within the holding period.
If you are willing to take a risk to achieve long-term financial goals, then this one is for you. Investing in stock market means you are buying shares from publicly-listed corporations and, in a way, become an owner or shareholder.
Unlike before where you need at least P50,000 to start investing in stocks, you can now invest for as little as P5,000. Aside from this, other advantages include:
- It yields higher earnings, especially when you buy a particular stock at a low price and sell it at a higher price.
- Easy access to funds.
Unfortunately, there is no fund manager who will handle your account. This means you are in complete control and have to monitor by yourself. You have the option on where to invest and when to sell it. If you're not yet ready for such responsibility, then consider UITF or mutual funds for now.
4) Retail Treasury Bonds
Also known as RTBs, this type of investment is medium to long-term investment issued by the Philippine government. This gives small investors an access to investment at a higher interest rate and with little money involved.
Here's why you should consider RTBs:
- Issued by the government, so you are sure that it is safe and has low-risk of losing your money.
- Frequent cash flow since interest payments are every quarter.
- Low risk and affordable
- Liquid, which means you can easily buy and sell as long as it is being offered by banks on a given period
Gone are the days when businesses are only for the rich. You can start your own business with little capital and be your own boss in the long run.
Check out this post for more business ideas below P10,000.00.
6) Your Health
This is a must. All of these business and investment ideas won't happen if you are not in tip-top shape. Therefore, start investing in your health as early as now. Start changing your lifestyle by eating healthy and exercising regularly. Avoid smoking, too much alcohol, sweets, and other vices that will compromise your health. You'll be surprised to see how much you saved when you start taking over your health.
Let's say you want to invest but you don't have P10,000 on hand. That's fine. We, Loan Ranger, are here to help. Loan Ranger can extend credit and allow you to borrow money for investment since this, after all, is for a good cause. Submit your online loan application and we will gladly help you make this investment dream happen.